Ferne ca 1850


(Photo – Wilts & Swindon Archives)

The Rectory

Berwick St John


Two views of Berwick St John, 2003

The Priory, Berwick St John


The School, Berwick St John


Netherhampton House, home of Aunt Philippa Grove

Easton Farm, home of the Lush family

The “Glove”, now Arundell Farm

Coker Court, East Coker, home of the Helyar family


Left – Almshouses at East Coker

Lower Bridmore Farmouse, Berwick St John


Bridmore was farmed by the Lane family from 1798

until the mid-nineteenth century

               Lansdown Crescent, Bath.              Right – plaque to William Beckford, Nos. 20 & 21 Lansdown Crescent

“The Wardrobe”, The Close, Salisbury.


Home of Dr John Grove and now a


Military Museum


The transcription of The Diaries of Charlotte Grove (later Downes) together with the content of this website are copyright © John Lane & Valerie Lane Kay



Houses & Places

The Diaries of Charlotte Grove

The Diaries of Charlotte Grove